Plan the perfect family picnic
With today marking the start of National Picnic Week, now's the time to dig out your blankets and baskets ready for some al fresco family dining in the sunshine this weekend. Picnicking is one of the UK’s most enjoyable summer traditions, and is a great way of taking advantage of any open spaces in your local area over the warmer months of the year.
Here are 5 tips to make a perfect picnic!
1. Location Picnics can be held practically anywhere. That’s why they are so much fun! It could be in your garden, at a local park, a beach or at a campground. Pick somewhere not too crowded and with plenty of space.
2. Seating Grass or sand are great as a base, then all you'll need for seating are some large beach towels, mats, blankets or a quilt if you don't have an actual picnic blanket. Bring fold up chairs so some can sit down more comfortably if required.
3. Storage - A basket is classic and fun, but coolers are more practical for storing food on a hot summer's day. Plastic shopping bags also come in useful for gathering up everything you'll need for the afternoon! If you’ve a lot of walking to do, pack a back pack!
4. Food & Drinks Get lots of little snacks so people can pick and choose. Drinks cordials work a treat, as does chilled lemonade.
5. Handy helping bits Don't forget to pack insect repellant, sunscreen, hand sanitizer, condiments, napkins or paper towels. These are things that you will need and are most likely to forget.A great way to get the children involved is the Hape Luncbox set, which is available from I Want One of Those for just £13.99